Lens blanks for…people.
By removing narrow slivers of optical noise, our Oxy-Amp lens blanks provide superior color vision, and are the new starting point for lens blanks. Here are some of its advantages.
- Nature-validated color-enhancement. Our optical filtering technology provides a strict enhancement to color vision, as nature intended it. In particular, we designed our Oxy-Amp to enhance perception of oxygenation variations in the skin, the very signal our red-green color vision evolved to detect. It works by removing narrow slivers of optical noise — a kind of “glare” — emanating from the spectral signals from other people.
- Enhanced perception of people. Perception of people and their emotions, moods and states are enhanced. It’s the first eyewear and light-filtering technology designed for seeing…people.
- Maintains perception of the world. The Oxy-Amp filter blocks only a tiny amount of light, and is designed not to interfere with other aspects of perception; the world retains its intrinsic colors and beauty.
- Smartly shades the sun. For sunwear, the Oxy-Amp begins by cutting out sun glare in exactly the spots which simultaneously enhance our evolved perception of color.
- Ready for optical add-ons. Because the Oxy-Amp targets only a thin sliver of wavelengths, it makes the perfect starting point for the addition of further optical enhancements, whether it be prescription curves, polarization (see photo above), or filters designed for specific sports or habitats.
- Part of the lens blank itself. And our Oxy-Amp is achieved via a dye, and is part of the UV-protected polycarbonate structure from its very formation.
Mark Changizi is Director of Human Cognition at 2AI, a managing director of O2Amp, and the author of HARNESSED: How Language and Music Mimicked Nature and Transformed Ape to Man and THE VISION REVOLUTION. .